Friday 12 October 2012

The Hunchback of Notre- Dame by Victor Hugo

In this novel is set in medieval times in the duration of the reign of King Louis XI. There, in the Ile de la Cité in Paris lives a deformed bell ringer named Quasimodo, who is been an outcast living in the cathedral of Notre Dame he is known as the `creature of the cathedral`. He plays the character of a young hero to the gypsy dancer Esmerelda who is in love with Captain Phoebus. Unfortunately, Claude Frollo a man filled with hatred  
because his envious love for Esmerelda is bestowed upon someone else he cast her out as a witch. Quasimodo's heart felt devotion to Esmerelda seeks revenge only to find that she will meet her tragic fate.
I really enjoyed this novel and I think the author is trying to potray the element that love in many ways can possess you to do things that you wouldn't dream of and he really shows the role of a hero in Quasimodo in that he wishes for nothing but for Esmerelda to be happy even if it's not with him.
I would highly recommend it to any passionate readers and my overall review I would give it 5/5 stars.It really made me understand the characters and I  loved the imagery and action which was written in a sense that I could capture every detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment